Thursday, July 24, 2008

You Know I Love Beer

If you know me at all you know that I enjoy really good beer, some might say I'm a little snobby, and they are probably correct in that assumption. Well, I decided to do a little sampling in the area to compare my favorite brews from back home ie Catawba Valley and Highland to some New England brands. I mean I figure if we are losing Anhueser piss.. I mean Busch to the Belgians we might as well enjoy true American beer while we still can, right. Fun fact: Did you know Miller is owned by a South African Company and Coors is partially owned by Canadians and the American half is homophobic? Anyhoo, back to the story I went on a brewery tour of the Wachusett brewery, stated in '93 by three cute engineers. The beer was OK, the porter was bitter to me, but the IPA was good. I wasn't too impressed, I'm partial to my Asheville roots... can I go to Barley's? Lurve ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, Seriously, the hardest thing about being home, NO BEER!!!

And we are not snobs, we have sophisticated palates. Oh man I miss Black Mocha Stout…I can’t even walk by the beer section anymore, too depressing! I walked by when I first got home and saw a Miller High Life 40 and busted out laughing(yes people stared)...and then I cried a little bit(I was embarrassed, for them)…and I haven’t been back since.

Anyway, glad you’re settling in and speaking up. I hope you took pictures of Walden Pond…love, miss!